Bar General Manager
Competitive Salary + Commission + Benefits
We are looking for a passionate, friendly and ambitious General Manager to take full control of day-to-day operations of our brand new Northern Quarter bar. Less than a mile from the brewery, the bar will be a renovated 1,500 sq ft space within a beautiful listed building on the corner of Dale and Tariff Street. The bar will be wet-led and have 14x kegs lines, 4x cask lines as well as curated list of ciders, wines, natural and sparkling wines, spirits and spirit-mixer-cocktails.
The successful candidate will possess extensive experience in serving both keg and cask beers as well as an in-depth knowledge of wines, spirits and serving best practices. Cellar management experience is crucial as is the ability to quality check and control live products to an exemplary standard. Hiring, training and motivating team members will be an essential part of the role and we’re looking for a real people person to build our new team. We will be paying the real living wage to help attract and retain the best talent.
Working closely with the owner, the new GM will have full autonomy over day-to-day operations, but will require a collaborative mind-set to help implement the vision of creating a welcoming, inclusive and friendly bar. Customer service and satisfaction should the number one priority at all times.
This role offers both a competitive basic salary and commission for hitting revenue/profit targets as well as future career progression. The bar operations side of the business will look to acquire/create a number of sites over the coming years. We can potentially see this appointment overseeing additional sites. If you’re an experienced GM or an ambitious AGM, then please do get in touch.
- Management of day-to-day operations
- Hiring, training and motivating staff as well as all associated HR duties
- Ensure the highest standards of best practices are maintained
- Negotiating and purchasing products from suppliers
- Monitor inventory levels to ensure adequate stock is maintained
- Setting and monitoring quality and safety controls
- Creating and maintaining HACCP procedures to attain highest environmental health accreditation
- Ensuring licensing objectives are fulfilled and all licensing conditions are adhered to
- Creating and maintaining a positive environment for staff and customers
- Resolve customer complaints promptly and satisfactorily
- Planning and taking part in promotional, community and social cohesion events
- Holder of a Personal Licence
- Minimum 3 years’ on-trade experience
- Minimum 2 years’ staff management experience
- Knowledgeable and passionate about keg and cask beer
- Knowledgeable about wines, spirits and cocktails
- Highly personable with a devotion to customer satisfaction
- Excellent people skills and experience of training staff
- Tenacious and hardworking mentality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creation and implementation of HACCP procedures
- Food Hygiene certifications
- First Aid certifications
- Driving licence
Please send a CV and any supporting statements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for application is the 3rd June and the expected start date is the 1st August.